Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'll tak' the high road...

With high pressure building over Scotland last week, I made a snap decision to down-tools and head north to Argyll in Scotland for a few days kayaking, birding and fishing. My first night was spent camping in my X-trail on the shore of the eponymous Loch Lomond. At first light the next morning I was out on the loch paddling among the islands in near mirror-calm conditions.

First light at Loch Lomond, looking north

Sunrise behind the mountain range, the clouds catch the first rays of the new day

Gradually the mountain tops gather the sunlight

At last, Ben Lomond, one of Scotland's iconic landmarks, welcomes the day

And here you can listen to the famous song of Loch Lomond:


7 Comments:

Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Is that Kenneth McKellar?
Lovely pictures.
Ann and I are making you a new fishing rod.

4:58 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

What a magical morning as the light gradually arrived on the mountains. I hope you have a better system to safeguard your camera than you had for your fishing rod!

7:48 pm  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Beautiful. And I love Scotland. Though I think I love something of all the UK.

10:23 am  
Blogger simon said...

Nice mate! Too awful to camp this weekend here- flash floods, gale force winds, and snow... All 2 day after a near 30c day! crazy weather

10:53 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

You are a wonderful character, a real free spirit.

4:00 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

That's all very well Maalie. But I canna trust a man who gets up early enough to photograph the sunrise. It means he has not drunk enough the night before.

12:00 am  
Blogger Lana Gramlich said...

Lovely shots. I love going out at sunrise. I'm also glad that sunrise is coming later these days. *L*

2:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home